January 10, 2021
PORTLAND, Ore. – The Multnomah County District Attorney’s Office continues to work with numerous stakeholders after a sprinkler head ruptured at the Multnomah County Courthouse.
The District Attorney’s Office wants the community to be aware of the following:
- The Multnomah County Central Courthouse, located at 1200 Southwest 1st Avenue, will remain closed to the public on Monday, January 11 and Tuesday, January 12, 2021.
- The Multnomah County Central Courthouse is expected to re-open for public business on Wednesday, January 13, 2021.
- All court hearings, including grand jury proceedings, scheduled for Monday and Tuesday have been canceled and will be set over to Wednesday January 13, 2021, or later.
- The Multnomah County East Courthouse (Gresham), the Multnomah County Juvenile Justice Center (Portland) and the Multnomah County Justice Center (Portland) will operate as scheduled on Monday and Tuesday.
- Members of the Multnomah County Grand Jury and any person with a Grand Jury subpoena for 1/11 and 1/12 matters should not report to the Multnomah County Central Courthouse on either Monday or Tuesday of this week.
- The Multnomah County District Attorney’s Office will continue to provide services and support to victims through its Victim’s Assistance Program.
Brent Weisberg, Communications Director
Multnomah County District Attorney’s Office