Child Support Enforcement

The Support Enforcement Division (SED) of the DA’s Office helps children receive financial support from both parents and fosters the strengthening of families by connecting them to community services. Our office represents the interests of the State of Oregon. We do not represent either party. For legal advice please contact your private attorney.

Our Services

Child support services are available to both custodial and non-custodial parents.  Caretakers or relatives who have physical custody of a child may also be entitled to child support services.

The Child Support Program may be able to provide assistance with the following services:

Helpful Information

To apply for child support service, please complete an on-line application or contact us at the address and phone number below.

Please refer to The Oregon Child Support Program Website for more detailed information regarding:

Throughout the process, please remember to

  • Notify our office of any change in either party’s address, phone number, employer and contact information.
  • Contact our office if you receive or make payments directly to a party instead of the Child Support Accounting Unit.
  • Provide as much information as possible about the obligated party’s income, assets, employment or circumstances which will assist our office to enforce the support order.
  • Provide copies of all support orders, when requested. Note that signed or certified copies are preferable and are required for some processes.
  • Keep our office advised of any legal proceedings or orders taken on your case through a private attorney.
  • Advise our office if your child becomes self-supporting, joins the military, marries, changes custody, is adopted, or dies.

Collection Tools

If support is not received, then SED may use various collection tools including:

  • Wage withholding
  • State and Federal Tax refund intercepts
  • Credit Bureau reporting
  • Unemployment and Worker’s Compensation withholding
  • Bank garnishments
  • License suspension
  • Administrative and judicial enforcement, including judgment debtor examinations and contempt of court, as appropriate.

Contact Us

If you live in Portland, or other parts of Multnomah County and need assistance, please contact our downtown office:

Support Enforcement Division – Downtown
Multnomah County Central Courthouse
1200 Southwest 1st Avenue Suite 4200
Portland, Oregon 97204

Phone (503) 988-3150
Fax (503) 988-3160

If you live in the East Multnomah County area and need assistance, please contact our East County office:

Multnomah County DA’s Office
Support Enforcement
East County Office
18480 SE Stark St, Suite 305
Portland OR 97233-4867

Phone (503) 988-5321
Fax (503) 988-5338