Property Return

Typically, after a case is closed, the assigned Deputy DA can assist with recovering property held by the police as evidence. If authorized by the Deputy DA, the owner of the property will be given a signed form. That form may be taken to the police department where the property is being held.

Victim advocates are available to provide information and assistance to crime victims and family members of deceased crime victims about the process for the return of property held as evidence.