May 2, 2023
Multnomah County District Attorney Mike Schmidt today announced that a Multnomah County Circuit Court Judge sentenced Omar Said Ahmed, 32, to 122 months in prison after a jury found him guilty of multiple charges relating to domestic violence and sexual assault. Those charges are:
- One count of Sex Abuse in the First Degree Constituting Domestic Violence
- One count of Strangulation Constituting Domestic Violence
- Four counts of Assault in the Fourth Degree Constituting Domestic Violence
- One count of Unauthorized Use of a Weapon Constituting Domestic Violence
- Two counts of Menacing Constituting Domestic Violence
- Seven counts of Burglary in the First Degree Constituting Domestic Violence
- One count of Harassment
- One count of Assaulting a Public Safety Officer
- Two counts of Attempted Assaulting a Public Safety Officer
- Two counts of Resisting Arrest
The trial took place from April 10 until April 13, 2023, when the 12-person jury delivered its verdict. The court imposed the 122-month prison sentence on May 1. Ahmed is currently in custody in Multnomah County and will be transported to the Oregon Department of Corrections to serve his sentence.
Deputy District Attorneys Maggie Burgess and Anneke Banda prosecuted this case. The DA’s office thanks Portland Police for their work on this case.