Thank you for your interest in joining the Multnomah County District Attorney’s Office, which is committed to the open and balanced administration of justice—one that honors and respects diversity in all of its forms.
Our office has a variety of employment opportunities. Please review the descriptions below for more information about each opportunity and how to apply.
Tip: If you are only looking for a current list of job openings within the District Attorney’s Office, click the above link. From there, copy and paste “District Attorney” into the search toolbar. Be sure to include the quotation marks to exclude results from the County Attorney’s Office. Then press “Search.”
Deputy District Attorneys
The Multnomah County DA’s Office has intermittent openings for Deputy District Attorneys. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply without delay. Primary duties include:
- Reviewing police reports and evidence to make informed charging decisions in a wide variety of misdemeanor and felony criminal offenses.
- Advising law enforcement and community members regarding legal questions and procedures.
- Preparing cases for trial, including developing a trial strategy, preparing witnesses, and drafting legal motions and memoranda.
- Participation in case negotiations with defense counsel.
- Appearing in court and representing the State of Oregon in arraignments, all phases of trial, entries of plea, sentencing hearings, and probation violation hearings.
Certified Law Students
The DA’s Office employs Certified Law Students during the school year and the summer between the second and third years of law school. Participating law students must be certified to appear in court through the Law Student Appearance Program, which is described in detail in Rules 13.05 to 13.30 of the Rules for Admission of Attorneys in Oregon.
If you have specific questions about career opportunities within the District Attorney’s Office, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.